We have gotten our hands on a wonderfully light hearted story about a much younger Luke Yates who is one of the members of staff from Envirocare Grounds Maintenance, which was featured in a local newspaper at the time.
Luke’s Mum had to enrol the help of the local fire station when her then two year old son managed to get his head stuck in their biscuit tin! We just could not resist sharing this story and we hope Luke doesn’t mind too much when he next reads our blog!
Leading fireman Steve Jackson, of Preston fire station advised the reporting newspaper at the time “The tin was sitting like a low helmet down to his eye brows and completely covering his ears. He didn’t seem to mind the tin being on his head but got a bit upset when we started easing it off”
It is reported that little Luke was soon smiling again after trying on a real fireman’s helmet and sitting up front in the fire engine which was called to the house.
Luke’s Mum added to the report that “Luke is quite mischievious. One minute he was just playing using the tin as a drum and the next it was on his head!”